Medical student’s life is filled with many things the “lay” person won’t understand, and here’s 7 that are definitely on that list.
1. You begin to speak in a foreign tongue.
2. People you went to undergrad school with are getting married and having kids, and you’re still living the “single life”
3. People who are leading “normal” lives may not understand what the “nightshift” really means.
4. You take odd jobs to pay the bills that your loans are not covering.
5. Hypochondria is a permanent condition.
6. “Normal” people can tell you why they chose the careers they did.
7. Talking to “lay” people just got a lot harder.